Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweeney Todd

Attend the tail of Sweeney Todd, his skin was pale and his eye was odd....Oh yes Sweeney Todd. I went to go see Sweeney Todd over the weekend and I have to say it was overall pretty good. The beginning started off good enough. I was really interested I didn't know what was going to happen. The music sounded creepy, the costumes were interesting and the makeup was great. The singing and the orchestra all was wonderful they all did a great job at that but once the play got going I was a little bored. I thought that there was a lot of uneeded songs by Mrs. Lovett and the only interesting parts were when Sweeney was killing people. I'm not saying the plotline wasn't good it was really interesting but I thought it could have been condensed to a shorter version to get at the good stuff sooner. I thought it wasn't really that innappropriate of a play except for the killing and the parts with the judge. That was so creepy, the judge was like going after Johanna who was his own daughter but not really but it was still gross haha. The singing was all really good and I thought Mr. Yuska did a great job of incorporating a lot of people into the chorus that otherwise could not have participated. Overall I give it 3 1/2 stars :)

~Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment