Saturday, April 10, 2010

Epiphany

So the other day I was thinking about life in general and the type of person that I wanted to be. I have all these hopes and dreams but I don't know how to accomplish any of them. I was talking to my friend and we were talking about AP classes and advanced classes and what not and how we are forced to take these classes if we want to excel in our school career yet I am beginning to realize this is not the most important thing in life. Going to college. Getting a job. Getting married. Raising a family. Growing old. And dying. This is how us as americans were raised to go through life but we are hardly ever told that there were other options for us. There is more to life than just school. I know that is a shocking statement but there are lives that we need to change, changes that need to happen and they aren't just going to happen by sitting at desks all day learning about random things that don't really matter. We need to get out in the world and experience things for ourselves. I want to make a difference in the world. So I figured I might as well start with baby steps. So here is what I am going to do, each week I am going to do one random nice thing for someone, it could be as simple as saying hi and smiling to someone in the hallway that I wouldn't normally say hi to or something as big as helping someone raise money for a kidney transplant. Whatever it is I am going to tell you and blog about it :) Soooooo wish me luck!!

~Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment