Sunday, October 25, 2009

Slow Down and Smell the Roses :)




So Halloween is just around the corner and that means trick or treaters, watching scary movies in the darkness of the basement, carving pumpkins and going to haunted houses. The fall is a lovely time of the year and I always loved going out and trick or treating as a child for Halloween. Halloween is one of those holidays that people arent obligated to celebrate for their religion but it is a fun way to get away with the stress of everyday life. My family always makes it a tradition to go out and get pumpkins from a pumpkin patch. It is always fun for me because it is a long drive out in the countryside so you get to see all the trees changing color and it is really beautiful. It is also a good time for some good old (pardon my cheesiness) family bonding. I think it is important for families to have designated time just for them. In a world of texting, emailing, boyfriends, sleepovers, homework and work galore it is always good to slow down and enjoy things. The only thing I could think of this morning was waking up and getting all of my homework done. To be honest I was hoping we would forget about the pumpkin patch. But we went out for breakfast and once we got there I was expecting to chill my butt off but I got out of the car and it was actually pretty nice weather out today. I got to take a look at all the beautiful trees and all their pretty colors and I found some cats that were really cute to take pictures of. I even forgot for a moment about all the work I had to do, my audition in band the next week, and my math quiz I have on Wednesday. I think I take my family for granted sometimes. Lots of people dont have it as good as I do. A mother and father who arent divorced a little sister who looks up to me. Even people who dont have the perfect family its never too late to start talking. Sometime just take a little time to get to know each other. You may have lived under the same roof with them for your whole life but you never really know them quite as well until you have watched a movie, played Taboo, or gone to get pumpkins with them.




~Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment