Sunday, October 18, 2009

Haunted Police Station!

So me and my friends decided to get in the halloween spirit and go to the Haunted Police Station this weekend. We had a great time, jumping at gargoyles and getting chased by masked men with chainsaws. It got me thinking though, what is so thrilling about being terrified? Why do people deliberately rent horror movies, go to frightmare forest and haunted houses, go on scary rides just to get the living day lights scared out of them? To me it is the thrill of it. The rush of adrenaline you get when you know that that dummy in the corner is real and is going to pop out at you and yet you still scream bloody murder when he does. Its just something about not knowing what is going to happen, that feeling of being out of control that gets your heart rate going. Im not one to take big risks, i have never been sky diving or bungee jumping. I have never wrestled a bear or performed a dangerous stunt. So when I get the chance to take little risks like renting a scary movie or go to a scary place I take it. I used to hate rollercoasters, and pretty much every other kind of thrill ride that you can find at amusement parks but I found a quote that really hits home with me. The biggest risk in life is not taking any at all. I want to look back on my life and remember doing crazy things and I want to be able to tell my grandchildren, yeah I really did that :) Now I know renting prom night and watching it in the dark on a Friday night with my friends isnt really what you would call a big risk but for me its a start. There are parts of a movie that I would want to turn away and not watch but I would force myself to look just to push myself to the limits, see if I could do it. At the haunted police station I started out in the back and after a while nobody wanted to go through a black curtain first so I took the lead and lead them through a couple of rooms. I was really proud of myself for that too. I know this probably sounds stupid and childish but they are baby steps and they are just fun to do with friends. So next time you are at a movie store or are trying to think of something to do think about renting a horror film or going to the haunted police station :) Challenge yourself take risks, see what you are capable of. You never know you might surprise yourself!



~Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment