Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. Now some people might try to convince you that the opening to this blog is not politically correct. Well you know what? I dont care! We have the right to free speech in this country and that is why I love being an American. With the coming of the winter holidays there is always a lot of controversy about religion versus state. Employees arent allowed to say Merry Christmas teachers arent aloud to have Christmas parties. While I agree with some of this I had to ask myself. Would I get offended if somebody came up to me and said Happy Hannukah? Happy Ede? Happy Kwanza? The answer is no I wouldnt. I would actually be ecstatic to listen to all the cool things of different religions and cultures and how other people celebrate. On the other hand I would see how it is annoying listening to other people always talk about christmas time and make all the christmas references when you dont understand it. So I think it is good to keep a balance of both this season.
~Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment